Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up (in which we don't have much to wrap-up)


Local schools have been on a week-long fall break. I've discovered that it's a losing battle to keep Cullen's attention while squeals and laughter of playing neighborhood children can be heard from outdoors. Actually I'm not mean enough to keep him in while all of the fun is obviously out there!

Though we still managed the basic reading and math almost every day, as well as reading about and discussing our solar system and early colonial life, this has been more of a break than not. I just remembered that we also learned about direct objects in grammar. Okay, maybe we actually did more than I thought!

 Here is a quick shot I snuck of the kids, my little guy as catcher, working out the details before a game of wiffle baseball. Cullen has spent so much time on his bike and scooter and running up and down the street, that I suppose I could count extra P.E. for the whole week!

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Hooray! A PE week is something we all need. Great picture of him out there with the gang. I love it.

Kash said...

I'm so jealous! Our neighborhood is so devoid of kids that you couldn't tell a difference between this week and previous weeks. Pfft! Another thing to add to my list of things I want in a house/neighborhood when we move...

Robyn said...

It's funny to me to think of a "fall break!" The kids here just got back to school about 3 weeks ago! Nice to have a "down" week once in a while! Looks like it was a fun one.

Mandy in TN said...

Extra PE definitely counts as school- fun pic!

Amy @ Jesus, Coffee & Fitness said...

You have been given the Versatile Blogger award!!! Pick it up at my blog :)

http://fundayswithcuriouskids.blogspot.com/2010/09/versatile-blogger-award.html