Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How did April fly by so quickly?!?

I can hardly believe this is the first of May! We were incredibly busy this past month. Here are a few of the highlights:

Our big field trip was to the Georgia Rennaisance Festival. My favorite of the day was the Birds of Prey show. Look at this amazing owl.



It will not surprise you to know that the boys' favorite event of the day was the joust. They were mesmerized by the weaponry and the mock combat, complete with flaming sword and whip, while I admired the power and grace of the horses.



This spring has brought higher temperatures than expected. Kids know how to take full advantage of this! Here are our friends from next door and Walker and Cullen staying cool.


As far as school work goes, we've been plugging along just fine. I am proud of Cullen for working on writing a novel, not as an assignment, but just because he wants to write it! It is titled, Jack, the Champion, featuring five kids who love basketball and whose team makes it into the playoffs. He says you'll have to read the book to find out what happens!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I just used the tab 'next blog' at the top of my blog and found you. Looks like we are in the same neck of the woods. We live about 20-30 minutes from ATL =)

Jonnia Smith said...

Hi, Hope! Sending you an email.

Damian Spaulding said...

I share your love with the birds of pray show. The owl is one of my all time favorite birds. petting one is a MAJOR treat if you ever get the chance. They are one of the softest animals you will feel.