Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Dookie, the Amazing Aquatic Frog

I'm too wiped out to type up a weekly report, and I did let on earlier in the week what was on our agenda, so I'm letting myself off easy this time.

Not to leave you walking away empty-handed, here's an updated photo of Cullen's aquatic frog, Dookie.

Stretched out, she is a bit longer than my hand, and you can see how plump her belly is. We probably feed her more than she should have, but it's so much fun to watch her pop up out of the water to take her food from our fingers or a little plastic spoon! Visitors are impressed that we've trained her so well, but she is actually just very determined and assertive when it comes to eating! She has her priorities perfectly straight.

Dookie came to us two years ago as a tadpole from Grow-a-Frog. The company tells us that these frogs can live more than 7 or 8 years!

I just hope she doesn't grow any bigger.

9 comments:

Our Westmoreland School said...

Ooooh, I was going to try Grow-a-Frog in the spring. I'm glad to see it can turn out so well. She looks very healthy ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Mandy in TN said...

Yes, she looks like a well-fed frog!

Daisy said...

Wow! We so have to do this. My kids would love it!

Kash said...

So cute! My kids would love it, too. Hm... so would the cat. Maybe after we move then. :)

Carrie said...

Wow!!! I had no idea they lived so long! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Love the name - my oldest DD (8) loved the picture!

I also wanted to say ty for your kind word on my blog yesterday. I reworked our schedule for the rest of the year & will get back to business this week!

WildIris said...

OK, I am voting with the rest of the comments here. I want to grow a frog too!! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

We tried to grow-a-frog once and our cat ate our tadpoles! Unbelievable. The kids were so disappointed. Your frog looks like she's doing quite nicely.

My son had a collection of tree frogs for awhile and we enjoyed feeding them too, but they ate live crickets!

Anonymous said...

How cool! We are planning to grow some frogs this spring.